For the complete Summer 2013 Newsletter, click here.
Youth Summer Reading Club
June 1 - July 31
The theme is HAVE BOOK--WILL TRAVEL for ages birth to age 14. Read for fun and get prizes after reaching an age appropriate goal. Children that reach their goal will receive a book of their choice and a 'travel' prize. Grand prizes will be drawn from those who finish. Register at the Youth Reference Desk. The first 100 to register will receive movie tickets to Classic Cinemas in Fox Lake. Grand prizes will include bikes. Other prizes include a wagon, motorized toy vehicles, gift cards, and more! (R)
Have Book--Where Did It Travel?
Bring a book with you on your vacation this summer, pose it somewhere fun and take a photo of the book. If you are not traveling, you are still eligible-be creative with your book here in town! When you return from vacation, bring your photo and a completed entry form to the Youth Services Reference Desk. Entry forms can be picked up in the Youth Services Department and will be available online beginning on Saturday, June 1. The winning photos will be posted in the library and on our webpage. Winning photos are also eligible to win a prize! Below are the categories:
1. The book that has traveled the farthest. (We need mileage)
2. The book that went the highest. (We need elevation-plane rides do not count)
3. The book that went to the strangest place. (We decide on strange...)
4. The book that saw the most people at one time. (Both book and crowd must be in the photo)
5. The book that had the best time right here in the Round Lake Area.
6. The book that went the most places on summer vacation. (We need a photo from each location)
*Please have all pictures turned in to the library by Friday, August 2nd.