APPLY FOR A U.S. PASSPORT AT THE ROUND LAKE AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY
Haga clic aquí para la version en Español.
PASSPORT SERVICE TIMES
Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday & Saturday: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sunday: 12 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Passport services will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis during the times listed above. We do not take appointments and during busy times, we will have a waiting list. Applicants must be completely prepared before their name is added to the wait list. When you arrive, check in at the Passport Services desk.
NOTE: Please be advised that we reserve the right to close our waiting list early depending on the time available for processing applications. Accordingly, please arrive early.
Passport Processing Tips
WE ONLY PROCESS NEW PASSPORT APPLICATIONS.
Renewals: To renew a passport that has expired 10 years after date of issue, please visit the U.S. Department of State website: travel.state.gov
Urgent Need: Traveling internationally within 2 weeks? Call 1-877-487-2778 for an appointment.
To apply for a NEW passport, please bring the following:
- Applicants and relevant parties: All applicants must be present. Children 15 and under need both parents to be present. Teens between ages 16-17 should have at least one parent present.
- Passport application (DS-11): Applications may be filled out online at travel.state.gov and then printed single-sided. The Library also provides blank applications which must be filled out in BLACK ink only with no white-out. DO NOT SIGN THE APPLICATION UNTIL ASKED TO DO SO BY THE AGENT.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship: Certified, original, long form birth certificates; naturalization papers; or a U.S. passport for applicants over the age of 16.
- Valid photo identification: Applicants and parents of applicants under age 16 must have a valid photo ID.
- Current passport photo: The Library does not provide photo services. However, passport photo services are available at many CVS, Walgreens, Costco and Sam’s Clubs.
- Fees: Two separate fees are required:
1.) Passport Fee(s): Check or money order payable to the “U.S. Department of State” for each passport application. On the bottom left side of each check or money order, write applicant’s full name and date of birth. Click here for fee chart.
2.) Execution Fee(s): For each application, applicants must pay a $25 execution fee to the Library. The Library will accept cash, credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover), check or money order made payable to “Round Lake Area Public Library”. You may combine payments to the Library in one check or money order if there is more than one application.
This is a general overview and not all situations are covered under these tips.
Please contact the Library or visit travel.state.gov for more detailed information about passports.